Friday, September 22, 2023

A Special Friday Edition

I am a proud and adopted member of Coyote Clan. I was adopted into Coyote Clan by a Dine family I got to know rather well. So as I'm reading the Google news page, there was an article about some folks living along the Wasatch Front and they were bitching up a streak about coyotes being in their citified neighborhood. Gosh is that about a shame or what. The coyote presence isn't a shame at all. You see, overtly greedy "developers" along the Wasatch Front have been encroaching on natural habitats for years and years and years. Money makes the natural world go extinct. True true... I had an encounter with a coyote in the wilderness quite a long time ago and that encounter changed my life's track in ways that I'm still in the process of processing. Hunting season in Utah and I was high up a hillside sitting and waiting on some poor mule deer to come wandering in my direction so's I could plant a bullet inside it's head and therefore bring a mule deer's life to an early close. Anyway, there was a pair of hunters coming over the hill on where I had my keister planted and they commenced to shooting up the ambiance of a fine autumn morning and the nimrods were not shooting at any mule deer. Nope. The bozos were shooting at a coyote. The bullet boys weren't very good shots or this coyote was extremely lucky. Whatever. The coyote runs over to where I was sitting and stopped just a short distance down hill from where I sat. The coyote began to speak to me in understandable English. I was stunned and sort of paralyzed by this encounter. Coyote looked me square in the eyes and asked me "why I wanted to shoot to kill him and his friends that shared this hilltop with coyote." I was stunned and left speechless. I did NOT have a reasonable answer for coyote. That encounter changed my entire life. I quit hunting that very year. I no longer had the stomach for it. That encounter also helped me later in my life as I went about the process of getting myself clean and off drugs. My addiction damn near killed me quite literally. It was after I'd been clean for a few years that my encounter with coyote started to make sense. The addiction issue is something I may write about later. Maybe. It's not one of the more shining portions of my life. Anyway, city folk don't like coyotes and/or other critters in "their space." Too fucking bad. The city dwellers are ALREADY living in the "natural habitat" and therefore they need to shut the fuck up about wildlife wandering through territory that belongs to the critters and not the dumb ass mostly white people. Now for some truly fine Dine art.

Clan I -


Clan II -


Clan III -


blessed by my adopted brothers and sisters. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment