Sunday, October 18, 2020

now for something completely different

 I was browsing around the net yesterday and I happened on a clip from an NBC program titled 'America's Got Talent'. the program highlights and showcases "talent" from around the land that hasn't really had too much notice by the people that count. you know, agents and talent scouts and network execs looking for a cheap something or other to slam into already vacant airtime. anyway, I happened on this 'AGT' clip of a clown known as Puddles Pity Party. I've never heard of the clown prior to yesterday. Well and oh holy clown shoes, was I ever in for a surprise. the clown saunters out on stage and made up as a very sad clown and the clown is carry a small case with the name of 'Puddles Pity Party' marked on the side of the small case. the "talent" end of the program start giving the clown questions and guess what...the clown doesn't talk. nope. he stands there making communicative gestures and that's it. well the network talent gets out of the way and gives the clown some rope to hang himself with. no one and I mean no one knows what to expect next. well and surprise surprise, the clown breaks into song and oh holy church pipe organs, the clown not only sings but this Puddles clown can sing like a choir of angels. I mean, holy shit...!!! I've never ever heard a voice like his. Never and I really mean never EVER. this clown has a voice clear as clear can be. tonal perfection and the guy does not miss a note. well, talk about being surprised like I've never had a surprise. as an honest disclaimer, I don't like clowns. in general and as a rule I don't like clowns. not silly clowns, not clowns crammed inside a circus car, not street clowns, not clowns just graduated from clown college, and sure as hell not sad clowns. damn if I didn't have to rethink that prejudice. this Puddles Pity Party clown is worth checking out if you've the time and an inclination to see something that is so unexpected it just might cause you to change a prejudice or two. google up Puddles Pity Party and see for yourself. it is a rather pleasant surprise and in these our dark days of horrific pandemics and idiot politics, being able to watch something unexpectedly uplifting is a welcome respite. and if you've already jumped on the Puddles Pity Party train and laughed at a "clown" such as myself for being way late to the party, well, what can I say except better late than not at all. onward to Sunday artistic crap and stuff.

still life -


Halloween kitty -


by the by, Puddles does a rendition of 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' that will knock your socks off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment