And Finally ...

 Some kid stole cannonballs from Fort Morgan Alabama and the cannonball theft wasn't discovered until the kid's grandmother hit the airport security dealy at Alabama's Gulf Shores International Airport in Gulf Shores, Alabama. The balls were ripped off from Fort Morgan Gasque, Alabama (Gasque is pronounced as gask) and the fort is historic. I did not know that and I'd bet any number of Americans did not know that either. The cannonballs at issue here are historic artifacts and were discovered in the luggage of a woman that had been vacationing with her grandson. The woman told TSA security personnel that "she had no idea how the balls were in her luggage." A likely story no doubt. So as the plot thickens, TSA called the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office and reported their discovery and the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office responded with the bomb squad and the squad determined the cannonballs were of no danger and the artifacts were returned to Fort Morgan. It was determined by the TSA, assistant federal security director, and the already mentioned Baldwin County Sheriff's Office bomb squad that cannonballs were inert. The Fort Morgan's Director declined to press any charges. Vacationing with granny sticky fingers kid was lucky. Tampering with federal historic artifacts can get you some serious prison time. For an example you can't bother rocks, animals, birds of all manner, and stuff like that there in Yellowstone National Park. That's to include the bison that will just as soon launch your ass half into orbit should you bother the very large and attitudinal animal. Google up the videos of dummies trying for an up close and personal experience with a bull bison. The vids are hysterically funny. People are warned and there's plenty of visual and physical evidence as to why leaving bison and Fort Morgan cannonballs alone is a really good idea. The kid that swiped the cannonballs got the scare of his life. Now for some Thursday machine art.

wave -


wallace -


access -


twisty -


the wife and I were in Yellowstone some years back and we're driving the road to Norris Basin and we encountered a rather large bull bison strolling down the middle of the road. I pulled over to the right side of the road as close to the edge of it as I could manage. Bison continued his stroll down middle of road and I crawled past bison as slow as I could manage. So as I got to where the bison could look me square in the eye, our dog Chance simply stared at the bison with wide eyed wonder. I could hear our dog thinking ... "damn that is one big whatever that might be." As close to a bull bison as I'll encounter in this lifetime. dang big critter no doubt ... 😐

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kid Is/Was Hybrid ... ?

Laborious