Tuesday, June 4, 2024

All Quiet On The Mojave Front

 It was a modestly hot day in the Mojave on Monday. Not so hot that you couldn't go to the pool. Which I don't. Go to the pool. In my golden years I have taken an aversion to pools in general. Kids are in the pool and the little rug sharks carry all manner of germ like thingies crawling on that young flesh. Then there are the adults who carry all manner of parasitically entrenched thingies on their aging flesh and all that "eww ... shit" kind of infestations get washed off in a pool. Yeah yeah, pool people will tell you that any pool is treated chemically and certified clean by county health department cadets that get paid to inform a pool plunging populace that "the water is just fine and tested so dive right on in there and enjoy." No thank you please ... I want none of it. Back and not so long ago my wife and I were on a road trip and the motel we stayed at had an inviting looking pool and so, we changed into perfectly acceptable pool clothing and dove right on in there for a swim. Two days later I came down with an incredibly violent case of the squirts and our road trip was almost ruined. Thank the pharmaceutical gods for Imodium. Saved the day and my intestinal tract. Anyway, I suspect my case of the violent rectal savagery was incurred at the pool. Never again and that is my standing rule for at home OR on the road to somewhere. Nowhere? Now that's some toe tapping tunery. Talking Heads 'We're On The Road To Nowhere'. Great tune and works nicely for a road trip. Alrighty then, Tuesday machine artware is up right about now. The real Mojave heat will crank up next week. Summer's here and the time is about right for staying indoors and under the AC. 110 degrees Fahrenheit here we come. With 1% humidity that makes the heat bearable. For about a minute or less.

barnes -


see me -


feel me -


touch me -


moribund -


benedeen -


2 lose -


sullen -


our condo community has a lumpy and neighborly oldish fat guy that likes to use the pool. he gets in pool with one of those inflatable floaty chair thingies and mr. furry likes to "relax" in his floaty chair thingy with a can of suds and a truly smelly cigar. the kids in the pool like to splash around near floaty fat guy and he gets all wrinkled at the kids as the kids play at splashing pool water. delightfully devilish no doubt. 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment