Thursday, August 17, 2023

Tongue In Cheek?

 Space.com is usually a quiet, buttoned down, science-for-brainiacs kind of webpage. I like to read their material on a fairly regular basis. That and I can glean all manner of ideas and stuff to crack wise about. Today's installment of w ...t ... f... is a real treat and I'm not certain if the Space.com folk realize what they've done. Here posted for your viewing pleasure is the EXACT headline from the Space.com page and no I didn't ask for permission. After all, the internet is still the wild and wide open frontier where there are NO rules. Headline...

NASA's New Horizons will investigate Uranus from the rear (Neptune, too). Here's how you can help

How you can help is obvious to any wisecracking smart ass that ordinarily would be hard pressed to get a foot in sideways. Here's how you can help...ready? Drop your shorts and grab your ankles. ☺ ☺ ☺  Ur - anus - from the rear...!?! Juvenile to the max and I can admit that however...these are some miserably depressing news days and we all could use a reason to crack a smile and laugh hysterically. Which I did upon reading the Space.com page. I had to read the page several times as I wasn't sure if Space.com was slipping a funny past the usual brainiac crowd. Space.com did actually seem to be editing seriously. Alrighty then. Now for some Thursday machine art. I'm not about to cut Space.com any slack. I live for gaffs like this.

blossom -

sucer -

kabuki -

rose -

write -

reveal -

Space.com might be looking for copy editors. possibly sooner rather than later. oh damn that is just too dang funny. 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment