Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Log-Normal...What???

 So there's this article on the Google Science News page and the eye-catcher states some blah blah blah about "lognormal...". "What the hell...???" I said to myself knowing full well there's not a soul listening to anything I might blurt out in complete if not utter surprise. The webpage that the Google Science News page is heralding would be 'neuroscience news.com'. I know right... I had to google up a translation for "lognormal" and I discovered that "lognormal" is (I copied the paragraph) and am now about to paste the google response to my query... 

"In probability theory, a log-normal distribution is a continuous probability distribution of a random variable whose logarithm is normally distributed."

Probability theory...alrighty then. It is entire possible that any "possibility theory" is merely theoretical and more than likely a dump truck load of ridiculous. A dump truck load of ridiculous is entirely possible and is therefore more than "theoretical." So there you have it. Now for Wednesday machine art and Wednesday would be 'hump day' so cue the camel and let's get on with it.

Salvador (Mr. Dali is one of my all time favorite artists) -



bookends -


woods -


penguin -


patriot day -


kneel -

the image posted right there (one look back up) would be another work by Salvador Dali. I think my all time favorite artists would be in no particular order - Picasso, Steadman, Van Gogh, Kahlo, Monet, and then Matisse. I've left off any number of artists that I follow on account of the list would become overburdened and tedious if not trite. 😐


No comments:

Post a Comment