Saturday, September 24, 2022

Knickers In A Knot...OR

 The closeted world of professional chess, yes that is a real thing, is in an absolute uproar. It would seem that our world's two best players were all set to match up for a winner take all, knock your ass out, championship tourney. However the one guy that's older than the kid that is the old guys opponent, breath, made an opening move and then...he quit the match. Wait...is that right? Wait...maybe it's the other way round. I'd better go google up a check and see so's I have the chess facts straight. Hold on for a moment or so...please...BYB. Ahrighty then I've got the story straight. The current chess player champion is one Magnus Carlsen and he's 31 and Norwegian. The champs opponent is Hans Niemann and he's 19 and American. A side note of relevance here...the kid beat the older guy two weeks back. So, the two chessmen are squared off on (in?) a 64 square chess board. The first move is by Niemann who has the white pieces. Second move is Carlsen who has the black pieces and then and then...holy chess smoking guns...the Champ calls it quits and gets his ass up and walks away. The winner by forfeit is...Hans Niemann the kid. Niemann is 19 mind you and something of a chess prodigy. So while the professional chess world is reeling in horror at the sudden and strangely undignified end to this world class whip yer ass pairing, the now former chess champion Carlsen had absolutely nothing to say. To anyone and especially nothing to say to the good people that had arranged for the Julius Baer Generation Cup tourney to be held in St. Louis, Missouri and the tourney is actually called the Sinquefield Cup. I have absolutely no idea why the chess match is called a Baer Generation one thing and/or a Sinquefield Cup could be another thing. Like so much of chess...makes no freaking sense whatsoever. Now I can play chess. I'm not good at playing chess and I make no bones or excuses for my inability to play chess. I insult chess and that's about it. Hmmm, I guess I'm sort of like the former chess champion, I suck at the game. Did you know that there is an International Federation of Chess? I did not know that. Well there IS an International Federation of Chess and the guys what call the shots and decide who's champ and shit like that there are livid. I mean the guys are turning green at the events of the Julius Baer Generation Cup/Sinquefield Cup whatever in hell the folks are calling what happened. Long story short, the ex-champ Carlsen is making like a whiney spoiled nerd guy for getting his ass handed back to him by an American upstart kid name of Niemann. After one opening move! I used to work with a very nice lady name of Niemann but I'm not certain that there's any connection here. Maybe but I'll never know. I sort of don't care about chess or chess tourneys. But I find it funny as funny can be that these uptight and straight-laced people are freaking out at how their dreamy chess champ Carlsen made like a whipped dog and slinked his ass out the back door. Or maybe a side door, I don't know. All that is more than a little funny. I think so anyway. Now for some Saturday machine art. I get the first move. Well and the second then third and on and blah blah blah.

hippo -


bricks -


fly -


float like a butterfly...sting like a really sore ass loser name of Carlsen. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment