Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Poor Baby (and Pearl Harbor Day)

 A novice writer name of Chelsea Banning has recently penned, and had published, a new book. Ahrighty girl, you go. So Ms. Banning had a new release book signing all set up and ready to go somewhere in Ohio. Location is not very important. What is important is that as the bookstore where the writer was sitting for this new book signing, doors opened and two people, yes and exactly two people showed up to get a signed copy of Ms. Banning's new book. That is one humiliating kick to the balls. In a literary turn-of-phrase. Two people showed up and Ms. Banning's dreams of Stephen King fame and fortune are dashed on the rocks of literary obscurity. Turns out that authors the likes of Stephen King himself caught wind of Ms. Banning's humiliation and sent Ms. Banning a tweet informing the woman that the king of literary fame, fortune, and horror deluxe, had experienced the same dang humiliation back in King's early days of writing. Wow, the king himself sharing his early pain and angst with a novice. That in and of itself is encouraging. Now I don't know if Ms. Banning is any good as a writer. Doesn't matter. I can share Ms. Banning's pain and humiliation as I myself have been there done that. Having had three books published that went exactly nowhere is painful. I think I'm pretty dang good. However, just about no one else shares my enthusiasm for my work. So I changed up to doing graphics with some minor success and have been hard at the machine artistry ever since. I have some work published in the Palestine Poster Project. I have some poetry published on the Axis Of Logic webpage. Those two successes alone make all the embarrassing humiliation worth the effort. So all I can say from the dried and desiccated desert of the Mojave would be, hang in there girlie and never and I really mean NEVER take no for an answer. You just never know when the page might turn. There you see? I've coined a phrase that wasn't there a few keystrokes ago. Damn if'n I'm not about good. Now for our Wednesday visit to the machine artistry department for...machine art. Go figure.

herculean -


half dome -


orcas in flight -


coyote -


I happen to be an adopted member of Coyote Clan and I'm pretty proud of that. Additionally, I've had numerous encounters with Coyote Spirit and believe me, Coyote can be one sneaky trickster. 😳

No comments:

Post a Comment