Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Meteor Right?

 Meteor scientists in Canada (eh?), have announced their discovery of two new and previously undiscovered minerals. Yup, other worldly minerals from outer space! The previously undiscovered minerals are inside a meteor that was coincidentally, discovered in Somalia and not Canada. The meteor in question does pose some ownership issues. Seems to me that if'n a meteor is discovered in Somalia and not in Canada, well, ownership might belong to Somalia. Possibly the meteor is on loan from Somalia* and the discovery announcement sort of forgot to address meteor ownership issues. Would the Canadians gank the Somalians over ownership of a meteor holding two yes count them two previously undiscovered outer space minerals? Damn straight the Canadians would do exactly that. Somalia isn't known for being a hotbed of meteor science or even being aware of the meteor crashing in from outer space and landing in/or/on Somalia somewhere. Current events would indicate that Somalia has bigger issues and events to deal with and meteors aren't even on any Somalian agenda. But still... Now by way of disclaimer, I own outright a rather largish meteor that I found out in the desert. I found a strewn field and at the time of discovery, I gathered up about a dozen chunks of meteor. The largest one I keep in my personal collection and the meteor is about the size of a large cantaloupe and weighs a shade over ten kilograms. However, I'd be damned if I let anyone cut or slice open my meteor. I'm just saying. The other meteors I've given away over the years. I figured it's probably a good thing to share blessings that fall from outer space. So...shouldn't the Canadians share the wealth with Somalia? I suppose the old adage applies here, finders keepers and losers weepers. Almost like the mariners law of salvage. Now for Tuesday machine art.

goodbye norma -


storm -


riders in cubistry -


wrap -


dogs of war -


*the meteor in question here weighs 15 tons. that's a damn big meteor. also the meteor is no longer in possession of Somalia or Canada, and possibly is in the hands of the Chinese. doesn't that just figure. I didn't read the entire article about the minerals and the meteor. my bad...😑


No comments:

Post a Comment