Saturday, August 27, 2022

Dog Day...Afternoon?

Dateline... Friday August 26, 2022 and it was 'National Dog Day'. I did not know that. I know it now but as far as I'm concerned, every day is national dog day. Or more closer to home, every day is my dog day. I do love the dogs. I've had some dang fine dogs over the years. Which does prove problematic as the dogs don't live near as long as I've managed to live. Every dog I've ever been privileged to have custody of has been one fine dang dog. Big Head was part wolf and German Shepard. Chance the Thunderdog was an all America mutt. Little of this and some of that but Chance has been my favorite. I still mourn his passing. Damn pancreatic cancer took my dog way before I was ready for the Chance dog to pass on. Then there was Ms. Daisy Dog and she was a bubble-butt dog. Ms. Daisy didn't have a tail. She had a knob that would waggle as if she had an entire tail. Ms Daisy was demur and that's the truth. I think Ms. Daisy was Australian Shepard or some manner of blend like that there. She too passed way before I was ready for another passing. Damn...that passing shit really hurts and sucks large. My wife and I have a Ms. Emmy Dog as things worked out over time. I sort of didn't want another dog. My wife tends to prevail in all dog adoption motions. Losing your best friend is ever so painful. We've always and ever taken in rescue dogs. They make the best companions. The rescue dogs are damn smart and for the most part, obedient. The dogs learn fast and that makes things ever so easy. National Dog Day and I didn't know that. Oh shit... I'll see you on the next world Chance dog and I'll try not to be late. Now for some Saturday machine art. Dogs are the best!

head -


squirrel is Godzilla -


morning mist -


flora du jour -


I really don't care for cats. domestic cats. I do like all the really big predator cats. lions, tigers, cheetahs, jaguars, leopards, and bobcats. I also think that domestic cats could make good rugs but that's just me and that manner of sentiment tends to put people off. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment