Saturday, April 17, 2021

Hip Ho Columbia

 Thar's hippos in them there waters. Oh yes there are. Hippopotami are alive and thriving in Columbia. South America Columbia. I did not know that but I know that now. I read the article on CNN. I'm gonna post a link to the article right about here -

https://us.cnn.com/2021/04/16/americas/colombia-hippo-gothere-intl/index.html

Back during the inglorious drug days of Columbia, yeah like that's all over now, Pablo Escobar gained fame and a vast fortune in the drug trade. Cocaine made Escobar almost a national hero in Columbia but eventually the drug trade got Escobar killed. So while all the drug trading was happening and the money was blowing in Escobar's direction, old Pablo imported himself a zoo replete with all the various types of animals that make up a post-narcotic zoo. Evidently Escobar liked foreign animals of the jungle kind. Of course Columbia has 'jungle type' environments but Escobar wasn't too happy with that. Anyway the guy created a zoo on his lavish ranchero along the banks of the Magdalena River. He called his ranchero Hacienda NĂ¡poles. Gosh, that has a kind of Latin flavor to it. Anyway and while we've still time for more intrigue, all the menagerie critters were taken to elsewhere zoos or outright killed on the spot. After Pablo got cacked. But not the hippos. The hippos were left to bask and thrive in the waters of River Magdalena and thrive they have. So if you were planning a trip to Africa to see hippos in the wild, well let me set you straight on that note, you don't have to go all the way to Africa to see wild hippos. Just head south to Medellin, Colombia and then find the Magdalena River and there they be. Hippos just doing their hippo things but remember that hippos kill more humans than any other wild animal on the Planet. Probably a good thing to know if you've a mind to go and see wild hippos. I'm thinking I'll just wait and see the movie which should be out on Netflix just about in time for Christmas. I don't really use Netflix. Netflix is way too pricey for my cheap ass and besides, there really isn't anything I'd care to watch on Netflix and I'm perfectly happy watching PBS. Which by the way PBS had a Nova program that ran just the other night highlighting the fact that the predominant males of the science fields are a collection of lecherous and women groping assholes that like to intimidate women scientists and in some instances will harass and rape the women of science while out of field study trips. What do you know, scientists are just like any other dumb ass male of the species and figure that women are there for the sole purpose of sexual entertainment. That's my opinion only but I'd bet I'm not too far off the reality. Okay and now for some Saturday machine art. 

tavern grab ass in digital impressionism -


back on a farm -


I'm wondering if Amerika can make it through a weekend without any mass shooting... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment