Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Camels, Geckos, and Dr. Gates

 Today is that blessed of all days, a Wednesday. I'll not indulge in the usual 'do you know what day it is' prattle. So I can now appreciate the work Dr. Henry Louis Gates has to go through to get that 'Finding Your Roots' program to work. Genealogy is like a garden spider's web. Dang lines run everywhere and cross over then cross up and get sort of muddled if not outright muddy...and then the lines trail off into obscurity. Obscurity and the blurring of millennia. I'm giving up the genealogy stuff for a while. I can't make much sense out of most of it and there's entire sections that are simply outlandish. I found the Wales part of my heritage and after much searching and scratching of head, I found out I'm in no way related to the 'Prince of Wales'. Gosh, isn't that a pity. Or not. I am related to some prominent Mormons a way back in the day and that's not saying much as there is much polygamy and the bearing of children and damn if I haven't got me an ark load of cousins. Anyway, President Biden will address the nation and some members of Congress on this very Wednesday night and that ought to muck up the old television viewing for any number of Amerikans. I'm not planning to watch. Even with the address being delivered by Joe Biden, the address will mostly be a lot of blah blah blah and then some irrelevant blah blah blah and then some applause will interrupt Biden's speech and the big finish will be even still more blah blah blah. I am willing to bet that Biden's speech will get better ratings than the "Oscars." Evidently the Oscar crowd didn't give an 'oscar' to the dead black guy and holy rotting corpses and who cares, it's a thing now. The dead black actor guy was not killed by Minneapolis PD. Lucky him. Okay and here comes machine art right about now.

tropical dreams about the tropics -


boxcar going just about nowhere -


surrendering to surrealism is NO sin. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment