Monday, December 18, 2023

Is That What's Wrong With White People?

 A nicely quiet Sunday afternoon with enchiladas cooking in the oven and the television is on. So comes a pharma commercial and doing the voice work is god ahmighty and that voice would be the voice of Morgan Freeman. Mr. Freeman is god after all. Anyway, 'god' is informing anyone listening about this newly approved (maybe newly approved as I'd not heard about this medication) pharmaceutical wonder drug for treating vitiligo. Also a disorder I'd not heard of prior to Sunday. Long prattle short, vitiligo is a disease that affects skin pigmentation OR the lack of skin pigmentation. Golly, who knew? Well I'd bet the folks affected with vitiligo know about the disorder. So being a rather curious sort of guy ... nosy?, I google up what vitiligo may in fact be and yup, skin discoloration or lack of pigmentation. Golly once again, who knew. Not me obviously. So I ask the wife about vitiligo and she informs me that yes the disorder affects skin pigmentation. So I have the curiosity settled by Google AND my wife. My wife happens to be retired health care professional. Almost a doctor and how about that. The wife is a clinical laboratory scientist retired of course. Me too, just not the same as my wife. Anyway, I inform the wife in a questioning profile, "so that might be what's wrong with white people?" You know, a lack of skin pigmentation. White folk are generally lacking in skin colorization. Why else would white people burn like toast that's stuck in a toaster after being out in the sun for any length of time. My wife being the more practical of the two of us, smiles politely at my feeble attempt at comedy and suggests that is not the case and the disease is to be taken seriously. Really? Seriously? Yup ... seriously. Well then ... never mind. I shouldn't be poking fun at a skin condition that is unsettling any number of people in our suffering no end world. HOWEVER ... for those suffering with vitiligo, god itself is on the job and at the very least is making bank on a treatment for the disorder. Golly, who knew. Now to start the new week off ... here comes the Monday machine art.

pilgrim -


fiddlehead -


spikes -


fish -


mr. ralph -


stonehaus -


I've just about always envied people of color. they've color in the skin and their colorization certainly looks infinitely better than the pasty skin white crap that 'we fair skinned folk' have had to put up with since cave people lost all that cro-magnon fur. hair? white people have been genetically ganked no doubt. 😐


No comments:

Post a Comment