I Had That Wrong
The opening first game for the NFL regular season opens on Wednesday September 9, 2026. I thought the season began on last Thursday and that would have been September 3, 2026. Wrong and wrong wrong. It would seem I'm becoming incapable of differentiating dates and times. That really doesn't matter, I've nowhere pressing to go so .. you know. So the Wednesday game is in Seattle with the Seahawks playing, uhhh, shit I'd better double check hold on for un momento por favor ... got it, the New England Patriots who early this year proved they no longer need a Belichick or Brady. Brady you may recall is the GOAT. "GOAT" is 'greatest of all time' and I'd have to call bullshit. Mostly on account of I really can't stand the guy and secondly, to be "the greatest of all time" requires some context and Brady is shit out of luck when if comes to context. The NFL league's braintrust took a serious liking to Brady and invented new rules and procedures in order to protect dilettantes such as Brady so any association for being the "greatest" would first have to go to Mohammad Ali boxer and the undisputed greatest of all time. Next up would have to go to Terry Bradshaw quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Bradshaw played back when the NFL played the actual and for real game of football and not the pampered 'don't touch the quarterback' football that is played in the first quarter of the twenty first century. Bunch of dang sissy boys play the game these days and the NFL is thinking about allowing women play the game. That would be a bold move no doubt. Anyway and after the Wednesday season opener, I believe a game is to be played in Australia ... yep the 'Down Under Bowl' is preparing to hit the Aussies and that should be very intriguing in deed. The 'down under bowl' will kick off in Melbourne and Melbourne is pronounced ... "Melbun" and please don't expect me to offer any comment on how the Australians pronounce Melbourne. They're Australians and they'll pronounce their cities anyway they'd care to. I follow NFL games from a discreet distance as the NFL is always good for some laughs, political commentary, and loads of abuse simply because the NFL is ruled by one Roger Goodell and Goodell is one greedy and unsympathetic human demigod. Yes, the NFL has reached divine heights under the rule of Goodell and considering how much Goodell might be paid by the League, more of the checking drill ... checking accompli ... Goodell gets paid an astounding $64 million, possibly more maybe less as Goodell's pay is a strictly held secret by the NFL, so IF the League is throwing that kind of payola at Goodell, well, the League owners are literally rolling in the dough and the NFL should thank the cash paying fans that foot the actual tab for all that football bullshit. The $64 million dollar largess bestowed on Goodell is an estimated guess by writers, accountants, tax guys, and the assorted hangers on to the NFL that like to keep track of shit like that and disconnected nobodies such as myself thank them all profusely for providing me much grist for the old skulzwerks keyboard mill. Old phrase. Now for our sanctified and wholly writ large Sunday machine art.
tar -
basin -
smoothy -
apoco -
the tar and basin imagery up top of art section, is the Los Angeles Basin and specifically the La Brea Tar Pits and dang if'n the stench from the La Brea Tar Pits isn't about enough to knock you to your god damn knees ... I've been there and smelled it and that's also where the Los Angeles Natural History Museum is located ... wait, I'd better check ... the Tar Pits and the LA Nat Hist Museu are connected but not exactly conjoined. I'm glad I checked on account of I've always thought and it's seemed so that the Tar Pits and Museum were the same. at least that's how I remember it ... it has been a while since I was at the LA stinky pits and museum. the Museum is filled with loads of fossils and the such from those pits ... AND they's oil to be had in that old LA basin and MUCH oil is still pumped from in and around the old Los Angeles Basin. 😏




Comments
Post a Comment