Friday, November 3, 2023

To There And Back ... Again

 The fun part of taking spirit quest to where the ancients like to hang is the amazing sights you'll get to see. That is of course if you're looking. In the right direction. Greeting the rising sun the day begins, and we began to unhook from the grind. All around is the soul of desert. I'm blessed with an excellent piece of crystal gypsum. Then a gypsum rose. Then a dang sandstone potato. So cool ... Then the better part of a visit began with a desert bighorn ewe. Shortly after that encounter came an encounter with a mature ram desert bighorn and this guy was a beauty. A full curl on his horns and the guy wasn't about to move. The ram stood there for our world to have a look see at his impressive display. It's the tail end of the bighorn's rut and I think that's biologically correct. The rut isn't what's important here, it's the ram's display. Gorgeous. Anyway and the best part of wandering the ancient holy land is this, I'm stopped at a pullout and wander a ways into the desert taking pictures. As I'm standing facing east which is best for catching the rising sun, a lizard comes out of the shrub and makes his way over to where I'm standing and lizard stops at the toe of my boot and lizard casually looks up at me. That is so cool. Lizard spends a moment or so looking me over and then scurries back under his shrub and that was that. So freaking cool. Later when it's time for a pee break and some grub, I got to toss some cheese to the ground squirrels. A pack of the little guys. Gals? Matters? Not much at all? Family group no doubt and yes I know I'm not supposed to feed the wild critters. However the ground squirrels and pretty dang cute so they get some and no other critters get more than looked at. The ground squirrels are a curious bunch. So cool. Anyway, I feel refreshed and almost content. Life does not get much better than a day like Thursday in the land of the ancients. Now for some refreshing Friday machine art. Oh yeah ...

yikes -


fetal -


sunrise -


muertos -


atlas -


cacophony -


we are blessed to live in the Mojave Desert. doesn't take but a minimum of travel and you can be in places only dreamt about by any number of souls. 😏

No comments:

Post a Comment