Thursday, March 16, 2023

Spatial ePig eNemonics...?

 I've been dabbling in ancestry. I got hooked watching Dr. Henry Louis Gates and his 'Finding Your Roots' television program on PBS. Fortunately, I was born and raised in Salt Lake City and have a rather lengthy legacy of Mormon pioneers and the founder of the Mormon religion. Direct links to the Joseph Smiths and Brigham Youngs and a slew of almost famous ancillary Mormons. I am a direct descendant of William Madison Wall and Wall was a functionary of good old Brig. Wall had five wives and I've so many cousins and assorted relatives it's almost laughable. To my point, I'm related to Susan B. Anthony. No fooling. Susan B. Anthony of the 1 dollar coin image. And women's suffrage. Yup. That Susan B. Anthony. Anthony is a cousin from my mother's side of the family. The real laugher came after I discovered I'm related to John Wayne. Yup, good old western hero Marion Robert Morrison. That's John Wayne's given name. Surprise surprise...surprise! I had no idea and not even a clue. Marion is a seventh cousin or something like that on my father's side of our dysfunctional family lineage. No shit. By way of a disclaimer, I'm not a fan of John Wayne and never have been. However, Wayne is some kind of American icon so there you go. I find it pretty nifty I'm related to Susan B. As for John Wayne, not so much. Now for a little unrelated Thursday machine art.

let there be...light -


Mojave Sunrise (I think this image is my very best so far) -


suicide blonde -


serpentine -


I use a courtesy website run by the Mormons. the site taps into the vast and I do mean vast ancestry records that the Mormons have meticulously collected over the years. it's called 'Family Search' and it's free to use without fear of being accosted by Mormon missionaries. give it a try...you'll be pleasantly surprised. or maybe not. 😏


No comments:

Post a Comment