Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Mammoth Meatballs...What?

Quick-breaking gastronomical news, a start-up company in Australia is diving into the "cultured meat" market. "Cultured meat" would be edible meat grown in a lab. Meat not raised on grass or hay or alfalfa or chicken feed or even close to being animal. Lab-grown meat. Dang if'n that doesn't sound yummy. Or possibly not. I'm a 'traditionalist' as far as meat is concerned. Various animals raised on a ranch or farm or sometimes in the wild BUT, animals of four legs and sometimes two legs. Packaged all neat and tidy and available at our local Walmart. In the meat department. Don't get me wrong here, I view my visit to the meat department as a form of human evolution but there was a time in my past when I was all about hunting then killing wild animals and then removing their innards and skin and after proper aging of the carcass, butchering the deceased animal for dinners. I don't commit any of that barbarism any longer. A strange tale of my last 'hunt' and a conversation with a coyote changed my worldview on the old hunting-gathering motif. A retelling for a later day and time. Oh crappies, I digress. The cultured meat thingy. Anyway, a startup collective in Australia grew mammoth meat (as in wooly mammoth of ice age recently extinct fame) in a petri dish or test tube, and the foodies at Vow (that's the name of the Aussie start-up) made a meatball out of that lab-grown mammoth meat. Doesn't that sound almost if not quite delicious? Mammoth meat! I think that the kids at Vow should make better use of their lab and all that high-tech lab equipment to produce something good for humanity. Mammoth meat?!? I've tasted bear meat, bison meat, caribou meat, moose meat, and trust me on this...all those meats are gamy and stringy and overall are massively unappetizing. Mammoth meatballs? Hell NO! The civilized world (?) has plenty of animal flesh for human consumption so...for the foreseeable future, lay off creating "cultured meat." Now for HumpDay machine art. Humans probably don't need to be eating camels either.

scrimmage -


surrender -


political clowns -


show -


Linda of the Angelic voice -


I can confirm that humans and animals, and in this instance coyotes, can and have exchanged points of view and listened intently as coyote took the lead as teacher. the exchange changed my entire life. 😳


No comments:

Post a Comment