Friday, February 19, 2021

On the 3rd Day of Lent

 Yes today marks the third day of Lent. So go out and have yourself a cheeseburger. No fair cheating with a tuna melt or a fish burger. Nope. To properly thumb your nose at ecclesiastical Lenten etiquette, eating a cheeseburger is the way to go. For even better effect on 'thumb your nose at proper Lent Day' have a double cheeseburger and live large. Yes indeed. Flaunt them churchy rules and catholic schemes. Eat meat for Lent and make a declaration of freedom from those ever so annoying catholics and vegan types. What the hell might a vegan actually eat? You know if one might be a "practicing catholic", one is not supposed to eat meat on any Friday during Lent. I know that on account of my mom was catholic and she made us eat fish sticks every damn Friday for the duration of Lent. I hate fish sticks. You can't hide the taste of fish sticks and not even with tartar sauce. Not mustard. Not even tabasco sauce. I hate fish sticks. I can proudly admit that I've never ever had a fish sandwich. No way and not no how. I'm not a big fan of eating fish in general. However tuna is an exception. The tuna stuff you can buy in the store probably isn't really fish anyway. That whatever it is doesn't taste so bad and if you add mayo and tabasco sauce, well, it becomes edible. I'm talking about store bought tuna. If you schmeer some store bought tuna mixed with mayo and tabasco on toast with some homemade pickles, you've got something that becomes a Michelin four star special. I don't care for lamb either Or mutton. Oh blessed mother of a shot-to-shit Jebus (you can say that on account of this is Lent), lamb or mutton is greasy and tastes like burned boot. When lamb or mutton is cooking, it smells worse than burned boot. I'm not a big fan of roast beef. Say, maybe I'm a closet vegan and didn't even know it. Maybe but I would have my doubts. Give me a cheeseburger any day and that's just fine dining as far as I'm concerned. A cheeseburger with chips and that would be lays potato chips and not the British version of chips which are really french fries in disguise. Why would the British want to call french fries 'chips'? I'm guessing here but I think that name association might have something to do with the overall and in general hatred between the British and the French. Remember, I am guessing here. Did you know that the silly French eat snails? Oh yeah. The little buggers what live in shells on the ground and slime their way through snail life and curse the very day they ventured out on a sidewalk and got stepped on. CRUNCH!!! Snails make a rather wet crunching noise whenever they get stepped on. Why might the French eat something that goes CRUNCH when stepped on? I think the French eat some really weird shit. Hell, the French might even eat shit. Boiled then fried lightly with some fava beans and a fine chianti. Boy, am I ever pissin' off the French. Oh well. It's the first Friday in the Lenten season so I can do that. You see the French are for the most part catholic and we're almost back to where this entire prattle began. I don't care for fish and even were you to slap fish and not tuna, on bread it's still fish. I'm not sure what you'd call tuna. Store bought tuna to be quite specific. Okay and now for some machine art and I've beat the crap out of stuff. :]

shadow foreplay -


estuary -


did you know that there are fish that live in estuaries? I'm not about to hold that against any estuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment