Sunday, February 21, 2021

Did You Know

 Today is Quadragesima Sunday. Well it most certainly is and I'm willing to bet that pert near everybody had no idea. Quadragesima Sunday is the first Sunday of Lent and the first Sunday after Ash Wednesday. Go figure. Go ahead and say quadragesima ten times fast. I dare you. I always thought that the Lenten season lasted forty days from Ash Wednesday. Damn if I didn't have that all wrong. Quadragesima Sunday marks the forty days to Easter Sunday. Or is the count to Good Friday...jumping jebus on a south bound bus, these ecclesiastical gizmos are kind of hard to figure out. So what might 'Quadragesimal Sunday' mean? I'm glad you asked. Quadragesimal means 40. Yup and that's it. Quadragesimal means forty. That's exactly the kind of miscellaneous bullshit you can take with you to a Jeopardy performance, you know if you happen to get picked to perform on Jeopardy, and win big. I'm also willing to bet that not even Ken Jennings knows the definition of 'quadragesimal'. That just might be a fairly safe bet. However Ken Jennings is one pretty dang smart guy so you might not want to bet against him. I would but I'm not a very good gambling sort of guy. I think that Ken Jennings would make the perfect replacement for Alex Trebek and Mr. Jennings did a helluva job as guest host of Jeopardy. I love Jeopardy and I've followed Jeopardy since the early days of the program. Rest in peace Mr. Trebek. Yes Ken Jennings would make the perfect replacement for Alex. Did you know that NFL Aaron Rogers is scheduled to be a guest host on Jeopardy? Well he certainly is. I didn't know that Rogers had the creds to host Jeopardy but he's going to host the show. So is Katie Curic. I can believe that Curic would have the creds to host Jeopardy but Aaron Rogers? Go figure. I'd bet that neither Curic nor Rogers has any clue as to what Quadragesima Sunday might be. Curic maybe but Rogers? Mayim Bialik is to guest host Jeopardy too. Ms. Bialik will make a good fit on Jeopardy, she's a Ph.D.  Say, is Rogers a Catholic? I think Katie Curic might be Jewish. As a disclaimer here, I have no idea as to religious affiliations for Curic, Rogers, or Bialik and their spiritual affiliations are none of my business. I'm just pounding out letters on the old keyboard and filling empty space with blah blah blah and some bullshit added for cultural flavoring. Quadragesima Sunday, who knew? Now for some machine art and I've just about killed the stuff for this fine Quadragesima Sunday. Damn, Quadragesima???

provocative - 


Wilbur Desoto -


Quadragesima? :/

No comments:

Post a Comment