Friday, January 19, 2024

A Beauty Day ... Eh?

 Went to the Mojave Desert Holy Land Thursday morning. A beauty day no doubt. Every so once in a while I get a day that by all counts is unlike any day that was a beauty day before this fine Thursday morning. Got sand in my boots, found some burro biscuits that were almost fresh. Didn't get to see the burros but they are around the Holy Site somewhere. I've been privileged to see Desert Bighorns in herds and they are quite spectacular. Today no burros but that really doesn't matter. I did find some petrified wood and anytime I find a piece of petrified wood I have to stop and wonder where the rest of the petrified tree might be. I've seen petrified trees before in Holbrook, Arizona and you can actually purchase an entire petrified tree ... IF you've enough chump change to piss away on a petrified tree. A petrified tree does NOT come cheap. Besides, finding a piece of petrified wood in its natural habitat is where the real excitement is to be found. The BLM has strict rules concerning petrified wood and it's best if you don't try breaking the BLM's rules about fossils and fossilized wood. That's what petrified wood is ... fossilized wood. Okay so take it from me cause I've been there and did that as far as Thursday's concerned. Now for some Friday machine art.

sunny -

leary -


twin tats -


dolphins -


tamaleo -


shadow -


I'm glad we made it out to the Mojave Holy Land on Thursday. the weather is set to take a turn to the wet. wet is a good thing and our landscape can use all the wet the skies manage to spit out on the landscape. 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment