Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Tongue Tied And Tuesday

 Here it is a Tuesday and where did Monday go? Slipped by almost unnoticed. So I'm at the store and there's a woman at the store just about in total rave-mode. I mean she's on and on, a quite noisy prattle. So what is the woman in such a fuss about? Having to wear a mask. Evidently Covid-19 the Delta Variant is "infringing" on her constitutional rights. I did not know that the Covid-19 had anything to do with 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' OR America's Constitution. Well evidently the Covid-19 does and the woman has about had it up to her armpits. You see it's perfectly "righteous" for the woman to catch the Covid and of course, pass that Covid-19 off to anyone within her coughing/spitting circle of existence. I disagreed with her premise. My bad. I asked the woman why she was so horrified by the notion of having to wear a mask. It was plain for all to see that the woman wearing a mask would be like a concession to social convention. The woman was not exactly a sight for sore eyes. I posed to her my question and all I got back was that ever so delightful deer caught in the headlights look. The woman went blank. Her eyes sort of glazed over, her mouth hung open as if wanting to say something but, there was nothing there to say. It became apparent rather quickly that the woman had nothing to offer in her defense of not wearing a mask. She just stood there tongue tied and twisting herself into knots. The woman was struggling with her cognitive functioning and that much was obvious. The woman would, occasionally, make a gurgling noise that was more than a bit disconcerting. It was like she was strangling on her own drool. She was not about to offer a word nor could she. I felt almost guilty for putting the woman on the spot. I also felt a bit relived that the woman hadn't pulled a gun. You see the anti-maskers and the anti-vaxxers are a wee tiny bit rabid. Foam collects on the corners of their mouths when they're not engaged in a proper tirade against that malicious "deep state government." When they are engaged in a proper tirade against whatever is chapping their asses at any particular moment, the collected spit foam flies for distance. Oh they are a treat. I need to confess that I do find a particular sense of accomplishment anytime that I can windup one the loopers and their anxiety levels are somehow sort of satisfying. I do try to be careful to avoid one of the loonies IF they happen to be packing a sidearm. That'd be down right dangerous. The screwy freaks are known to shoot people for less aggravation than what I tend to cause. Oh well and c'est la vie. Art de la machine is next. I do like to use the French, it seems so dang artsy.

oh la la -


voir c'est croire -


so there you go for a Tuesday and we all know what tomorrow brings. 🐫

No comments:

Post a Comment