Monday, November 9, 2020

chili popper monday

according to an article in The Independent (I believe that's an English tabloid), eating chili peppers will prolong one's life. if that's the case, I'm gonna live to be about 110. not that I'd like to, but if it happens there ain't not about a damn thing I can do about it. I love those peppers. green chilis, red chilis, yellow chilis, jalapeƱo chilis, poblano chilis, anaheim peppers, pasillas, but NOT habaneros. oh wholly fires of capsaicin hell, the habaneros are screaming hot. okay so, I got my wife to garden up peppers and this was a while ago. my wife can garden up veggies. yummy veggies and the veggies are organic. yeah like ANY damn veggie isn't 'organic' already. i think the entire notion of 'organic' anything is ridiculous and straight up bullshit. sorry, I digress. back to the peppers. so my wife grows up a garden full of peppers and potatoes and broccoli and corn and giant sunflowers and squash and all manner of green yellow red edible veggies AND habaneros. fiery little bastards to say the least. well I had me one of those "macho moments" and figured the habaneros weren't about nothing. so i barbecue up some green peppers, corn, and habaneros along with chicken. on an unrelated note, one should wait until the habanero turns red before consuming. everything was delicious, but. then I started in on the barbecued habaneros. oh blessed mother of god, the fire! the fire started at my lips, went to the back of my tongue, crossed over the little flapper thingy at the back of my throat (I believe the flappy thingy is medically called the epiglottis) which immediately caught fire, and then ventured down my esophagus setting fire to all the esophageal tissues on the way toward my stomach. which also caught fire. I started a fire related coughing fit that hurt like hell. the coughing was actually coughing up fire particles related to habaneros and as the coughing stuff went through my nose, my damn nose caught fire. tears came pouring out my damn eyes and as the tears ran down my cheeks, my cheeks caught fire. so I'm sitting at the kitchen table trying to figure out how I'm going to get all this burning under control and I seriously thought about calling the fire department to see if there was anything they could do. there isn't really anything the fire department could do but I was thinking about it. after about 45 minutes of third degree torment, the burning started to let up just a bit. and then came the morning of the next day. I'm perched on the throne for that ever so pleasant morning movement and the fire commenced ignition count down on and that pleasant morning movement became a repeat of the previous days horror only in exit mode. I finally understood what is meant by 'fire in the hole'. I swore an holy oath to god ahmighty right then and there to never EVER eat habaneros, barbecued or otherwise, again. I can do just about any pepper that grows anywhere on the North American continent but, not those ever so evil habaneros. so given the information contained in the article set to print by The Independent, I earned my right to longevity if one believes such a conspiracy theory, in a real time trial by fire with accompanying bravado and machismo. but never again and there is NO way ever again. on to experimental machine art and soothing stuff.

sleeping -



sleeping with a variation on theme -


the dreamer probably ate a batch of roasted habaneros and it's on to capsaicin nightmares. :}

No comments:

Post a Comment