Thursday, January 21, 2021

And So It Begins

Today is the first full day of America with Joe Biden as President. I wish the President all the luck there is to be found across these amber waves of downtrodden grain. President Biden is going to need it. The President is going to have to try and repair an America that's been raped by trump. It's gonna take a while. At the Biden/Harris inauguration, if you didn't happen to catch the young lady that recited her 'song for America' well, you missed a recital that will go down in history books as a game changing event. The young lady is eloquent as well as literate. Her name... Amanda Gorman... and I have no doubt that America hasn't heard the last from Ms. Gorman. Ms. Gorman offered up five minutes of brave, courageous, wise, and insightful poetry that somehow did NOT come across as poetry. Then there was Lady Gaga's rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. Gaga nailed it! America actually had television that was worth watching. I missed some of the inauguration as I had to get a CT scan. Yeah I have to do that periodically. I have the emphysema which is my body's gift to me for smoking more than fifty years. I can still remember my mom telling me not to smoke which at the times seemed like a load of crap as she smoked and my dad smoked and just about every adult I could see smoked. Thems was the smoking' days for sure. Not so much these days. Hell, vaping is the new craze and later on down the road, the vaperites will regret their decision to look cool and vape. YOU'LL BE SORRY! Oh yes you will. Okay and that's enough for now and it's on to the machine art and stuff.

surreal melodies with Gaga ballads -


a bouquet of florals for Joe -


now I'm off to catch up on all the nonsense I missed yesterday. You Go Joe! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment